Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Spark Equation is a software-enabled IT and strategy consulting firm operating at the intersection of strategy, product architecture, and engineering to optimize solutions for small and medium-sized businesses. We harness data, analytics, and engineering expertise to give organizations a clear path to gain industry leadership and improve performance.
When we combine our partnership and transparent business methods, we bridge the gap between strategy and execution, equipping clients with an exceptional level of competitiveness to transform their business. Our teams are equipped with the knowledge and experience to address every facet of how data and software affect a client’s organization and efficiency.
Our mission is to build intelligent software solutions that power business innovation, agility, and growth.
We believe in Building Software That Works® through precision, innovation, and an engineering mindset. Engaging and empowering intelligent, bold, and passionate people to do the right things, the better way.
We are looking for an SRE engineer to join our team who will help to ensure a smooth production environment and proactive incident prevention
What result we are looking forvard to receive from a SRE engineer:
- Stable operation and service quality are ensured
- Standards SLO and SLI are developed and applied
- All logs and errors are under control
- Active coordination with the development team
- Service infrastructure and performance are under control
- We learn about problems in our system before the user contacts us.
- Understanding the principles of architecture of multicomponent systems and the ability to apply this knowledge in practice (load balancing, fault tolerance, etc.)
- Understanding and configuring Azure and AWS infrastructure
- Experience in setting up a monitoring system (with one of Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic and cloud monitoring systems)
- Knowledge of Docker, Terraform
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash / Python / Perl), experience in writing automation scripts for the CI / CD pipeline / infrastructure deployment, work with describing pipelines in yaml
- Ability to read one or more of the programming languages Java, Python, C #, JS
- General understanding and experience in administering SQL / NoSQL DBMS, knowledge of SQL at the level of writing simple queries
- Experience with version control systems GitHub, Bitbucket
- Experience in the support service, understanding of the service approach
- Knowledge of English at the Upper-Intermediate level or higher
- Proactivity, problem-solving skills
- Ability to decompose complex tasks, set priorities, focus on the result Ability to work in the US time zone (GMT -5-8)
- Become part of a strong team
- The ability to directly influence the design and quality of the product, see the result of your work in the short term
- Working only with foreign customers according to modern standards
- The possibility of growth within the company, both in technical and managerial directions (we are expanding rapidly)
- Remote work, flexible working hours according to USA time zone
- Registration in accordance with the Labor Code, fully official salary, paid vacation 4 weeks
- VHI policy with dentistry (after passing the probationary period)
- Regular salary revision based on the review results
- Annual budget for each employee for development and training
- Opportunity to participate in Russian and international conferences (for international you need spoken English)
- Business trips to the office in Chicago, USA are possible (after the pandemic)
- HR interview
- Technical interview with life coding
- Final interview with CEO